Palliative care is specialized care with a team approach. It focuses on addressing the pain, symptoms and stress of serious illness by offering an extra layer of support.
This free service can help families:
• Assist in establishing goals of care and priorities
• Provide emotional and spiritual support
• Assist with advance directives
• Collaborate with nurses and physicians to address the management of symptoms, such as pain, shortness of breath, nausea, fatigue and anxiety
• Educate to promote understanding of the underlying disease process
• Provide easy-to-understand explanations of difficult medical conditions
Ask your health care provider if palliative care could help you. For more information, please call Carroll Hospital’s Care Connect line at 410-871-7000.