To help after the death of a loved one, Carroll Hospice’s social workers have created the Funeral Planning Resource Guide for Families.
This guide is full of pertinent information to help family members navigate through the steps after a loved one has died, including:
- Choosing a funeral home or aftercare provider
- Information on body donation
- Information needed to obtain the death certificate
- Working with the funeral home or aftercare provider
- Contacting banks and other financial obligations
- Contacting the Social Security Administration
- Obtaining veteran benefits and/or benefits from State Department of Social Services
- What agencies to notify when the death occurs
While it is tailored to hospice families, the resource guide could be a helpful reference tool for anyone who has experienced a loss. View a pdf of the guide.
Visit our website or call 410-871-8000 to learn more about how Carroll Hospice can help your family with end-of-life care.